Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend update

Hi everyone, here is a quick update on Jonathan and the Odenbaugh crew. I am doing great!! A little tired of plugging in my peanut for the past week and am dying to go for a walk and go to the park and put him in the sling, and the list goes on with things I can't do with him attached to the wall. The bili blanket showed up last week Monday evening and he has been on it non stop unless he has been at the doctors. Thankfully our DR messed up a little bit and had us go to extended care in Banning instead Redlands community so that saved us a lot of driving time. Our nurse in Banning did not know what she was doing which was WONDERFULL thank you for all of your prayers, she listened to us and we were able to get the blood with one poke yesterday and two pokes today (the second one with Thomas holding him while up on his knees on the exam table so that the blood would flow down to his foot, he is such an awesome dad). Tomorrow we go to the DR at 9:30 to do the weight check and see what the plan is for the Bili blanket. The results from this morning were still high, 20 1/2. I hope that it will go down soon but have gotton over crying about it, as a new momma that is hard but we are doing the best that we can with feeding and keeping the blanket on him as much as is possible. I am just expecting that we will keep it on and when we don't then I will be happy. :0) My mom said that I had prolonged jaundice as a baby and finally the Dr said, "let's just leave her alone and see what happens". I will try to post some more pictures soon but with a hungry little bug to feed just this post took me quite some time to get done. (Thomas and I were talking today about all of the little names we have for him, we wonder which ones will stick.) Hope you had a great Sunday Afternoon, our's was very restful!

2 comments:

Moore Family said...

I hope he gets better soon! My mom said I was very jaundiced when I was a baby too. I love reading all of your posts about your new little family!

Charlee said...

I used to cry when we took Breven in for jaundice checks it's just something that has to work out of his body in it's own time. At least its not like back in the days my mom had to have me in the hospital an extra 2 days because of it now they have the machine you take home. Its hard with the hormones not to get emotional over everything.

You both are doing great and Jonathan looks good!