Friday, April 4, 2008

Addicted to kindergarten

So yesterday I couldn't get over the fact that today would be my "last day" with the kindergarteners. It made me so sad to think that I wouldn't see them anymore until they were first graders. While I was super tired at the begining of the week, the end of the week were days that remind me of why I love to teach kindergarteners so much. Since I am such a planner and when exactly Jonathan decides to make his debut is not something I can plan. I have decided to keep working next week. Well... sort of. I am going to work in the mornings and then have a sub for the afternoon. AS long as I don't get too tired. It sounded like a good compromise. Like Kaitlyn says "you are no one's hero" I won't be working until the day he is born. Unless he decides to come early, then I might be. I thought it would be a good way to transition out of some of the responsibilities I have at work as well. So pray that this little plan works for me. :0)

2 comments:

The Four on Board said...

you are soooo good! man I was outta there when i had 4 weeks left. but i also commute an hour each way. I go back not this monday but next and I am DYING. i went into my classroom today and everything is a WRECK. it looked like a tornado hit my room, basically nothing got done from december 7th until NOW! you are so lucky to be leaving it all at the end of the year. Remember to give yourself and your body first priority right now, because once he comes he gets first priority! :) good luck and i cant wait to hear more updates!

Charlee said...

Good for you! I thought you would have been bored sitting at home and waiting for a full 4 weeks if he arrives on time. I can't believe we are so close to the end and our babies will be here soon! As soon as they are settled and we are settled they should have thier first meeting and playdate!

Hope you continue to take care of your self and rest when you need it.