Friday, April 25, 2008

1 week old

Time flies when you are having fun. Jonathan is 1 week old today. It is amazing how your life can change so much in one week. I am doing really well. Much better than I was expecting, I still get my surge of energy in the morning, like I did when I was teaching so that has been great for getting things done. I think I am nesting now, yesterday my mom was here for a while because Thomas had to go take care of some things for work, I organized my closet. Something that was bugging me when I was pregnant but I couldn't manuever with my big belly so I just let it go. We folded all of the laundry and got that put away and she ironed Thomas' shirts. I was cracking up because he was like "I didn't know people still did that". We usually iron as we go in the mornings.


Jonathan is still jaudiced, his numbers went up yesterday just a little to 17 1/2 ( we get worried when it gets to 25). So we are keeping him with the bili blanket longer than we had hoped but it is SOOOO much better than having to go to the hospital for those lights, it is just a bit of a pain having to keep him "plugged in" somewhere. Ducan and Roxy are so sad because we just keep him plugged in in our bedroom in his pack n play or in the front room when we eat and visit with company. Yesterday Duncan was playing dead in an attempt to get some attention from someone. I would love to go for a "family walk" but again we have to keep the glow worm plugged in. Thankfully our doctor is giving us a break from having his heel pricked this afternoon, but what that does mean is that we will have to go to extended care tomorrow morning. Please pray that we get someone who knows what they are doing. 45 minutes and 3 pokes to draw blood from our little peanut was a little too much for these new parents on Monday. The lab tech we have seen for the rest of the week has been awesome. Hopefully we can "cut the cord" and unplug him soon.

One more thing... my dad had a "grandpa shower" at work yesterday. Those public health employees love a party! They had a potluck with cake that had Jonathan's picture on it. I don't know how I am going to eat my son's head but the cake was YUMMY! He brought over a TON of presents! Mostly clothes which was really awesome because with the bili blanket I can only put things on him that have snaps so the cord can come out the bottom and there were quite a few of those. One really fun present was a baby book. I was planning on scrapbooking but not sure I was into a baby book thing but this one is super cute and I think is my style. Hopefully I will have time to work on it today.

So I have written a novel here, just wanted to keep everyone near and far in the know.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay, I love hearing your updates :) You made it through your first week! I feel so special that you finally commented on my blog ;) Hopefully Jonathan will get to give up the bili blanket soon. How is it going in the night time?

How sad that it took them 45 minutes to get blood from his little heal, that is no fun :( Poor little guy.

That's awesome that your dad had a grandpa shower! haha!

Patty said...

Eat your son's head! Ha Ha Ha
I hope Jonathan's blood draw goes well tomorrow. 45 minutes is insane! I can't imagine how awful that was to watch. :(
Hope you get to say bye bye to the bili blanket.

Mark Leonard said...

At first, I thought the cake was Jonathan in water, under saran wrap. It kind of scared me.

Charlee said...

Yea you survived your first week and you two don't look too worn out and your house isn't a wreck so I say it was a great week!

I remember the glow worm phase with Breven it will end soon and he will have the freedom to be any where any time.

I hope you enjoyed dinner and you continue to take care of your selves and the baby.