Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Havisu Painting Trip

We left for Havisu again on Friday evening to work some more. My parents both came with us to help paint. We got a TON done, we did ceilings, baseboards and the walls in the kitchem , dining room, living room, hallway and two front bedrooms. All that is left is the master bedroom, one closet in the front bedroom and the bathrooms (one of which is bright purple, so it is going to take some work!) We were all pretty sore and tired but happy to have accomplished so much.
After heading out to Home Depot (which is convinently having their paint sale) and buying a couple hundred dollars worth of white paint and "indulgent mocha" (which is basically a very neutral-white color but is "brown" to my mom who living on the edge in the old house was using Navaho white instead of bright white) with my Dad, Thomas got to work painting the celing in the dining room while my dad did the ceiling in the kitchen and my mom and I worked on taping, baseboards and trim.
Finally we got to the color part, the walls were a light lavender color with a ton of holes that we had to patch. The people before us even put things up with staples, who does that?!?! We also discovered that the two kids that lived there were Levi and Lindy because of the "growth chart" on the door way. They were also naughy kids and took a pencil to the trim around the door ways.... :0) and I think Lindy liked glitter and beads because I vaccumed up alot of that last weekend.
Here we are in the living room with it all finished. It is amazing what some paint will do... Thomas mentioned it would be fun to flip houses... I mentioned that he might need another labor force... Notice we only have one chair, two cushions (that need to be covered) and a coffee table, I think our next step will be some furniture ha ha. It feels like a dorm room before the roomates with a couch arrive. Too bad we are those roomates who have to find one. :0)
Last time we were out we bought a swing.... best investment we ever made. He did really well over all, he is getting to be such a fun person to take with us places. With the exception of Chilis on Saturday night he did wonderfully. Lots of smiles for Grandma and Grandpa as well as his friends out there... vertical blinds....and ceiling fan.....
This desk/ shelf thing is in one of the bedrooms. It was the bright purple color (in the former princess room) I forgot to take a before shot but we discovered that under the shelf are lights that are wired to the switch, I think it will be fun to take some of my scrapbook stuff in the winter time when we go out there. My mom did a great job getting it covered and my dad was an amazing caulk- person. We were quite the paint crew!
I had to take this shot on the way home... his lips are just like Thomas when he is sleeping... I love it!!
We are staying in town this weekend for the 4th and next weekend too but then we are back out there! We are hoping to do a three day weekend and maybe actually get to play one of the days! Judy and Pete came over on Sunday and offered to take us out on their boat..... I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Charlee said...

We should get the babies together and put on a fan and see who is entertained the longest!

Nice work on the house!