Monday, July 14, 2008

300%

This is kinda a random post but I thought some of you might find it interesting.....
300%... thats the typical mark-up for furniture. Thomas' mom has a connection in Utah for wholesale furniture.
2 dinning room tables with 8 chairs, a futon, a couch, a love-seat, a queen bed, a night stand, a day bed with a trundle, 1 queen matress and 2 twin matresses = $1, 800. SO basically we will have the house in Havasu ready to go in a couple of weeks... wow. We thought it would take us at least a couple of years.
I thought I got a good deal on my living room furniture from big lots, guess I was wrong. Thought we were getting a good deal when we bargained for our bedroom set, wrong again.
The JC penny's outlet.... a rip off.
The irony also is that the queen bed is the exact same one we have out there already that Thomas found on "sale" right before we got married, for more than half the sale price we paid.
I am very proud of my non "dutch" hubby for figuring out a "dutch"way to get new furniture. :0)
Anyone want to go into the furniture business? Sheesh...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! That's crazy! Way to go getting your house furnished for so cheap! How exciting :)

Charlee said...

That mark up is insane! We bought our furniture at the oak stores in San Bernardino I don't want to know about thier mark up. Sounds great about the furniture you will have a fully set up house soon which will make the trips more relaxing! I will look and see about bedding for the trundle bed just let me know the sizes I may have some hardley used!

Cowen Family said...

I completely agree! However, the best deal at the JC Penny outlet that we have got was our headboard for our bed. Hubby went one Saturday and it was $350. The next, $150...2 Saturdays after that and we got it for $35. Can't beat that. We recently fell in love with Matthis Brothers off the 10 in Ontario. Hubby used them to furnish a sleep lab and we were able to get Lane furniture for our living room for $1500...nearly unheard of in the furniture market. A little intimdating but worth the trip...great prices! I am glad you were able to get what you needed!