Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

It was so nice to have a three day weekend after all of our work out in Havasu (what am I saying... I have a 7 day weekend ha ha) for Thomas to be home too I mean.... On the fourth we cleaned the house in the morning (so fun...) and then went over to Grandma W.'s house to swim in the pool. My dad came with us because my mom is in Michigan. We brought the dogs and because Jonathan is the new star attraction there are no pictures of them on their pool float. That's right those two lay down or stand on their own float in the pool, it is pretty cute. Then we came home and napped for a bit. When it was dark we went over to the park by our house that has a hill to watch fireworks. We didn't hear the big "booms" which made it a little less exciting but it was still fun, Jonathan mostly slept in the stroller.
On Saturday we worked in the yard, I mowed the front and the back (go me..!) and Thomas fixed sprinklers, our yard was starting to look a little like a war zone with the dead grass and holes from the dogs, hopefully this will help.
Sunday was church which was really nice after having been gone for two weeks in a row, my Dad came over for lunch bbq. Then Thomas took a nap and I tried to take a nap but Jonathan thought that two 20 min power naps were all he needed until bedtime. I guess that was the trade off for him sleeping through church, which was really nice for me, I get so distracted in the "cry room", even if he isn't crying.... Last night I read while Thomas worked on homework (booo). I know that Jonathan has no real schedule yet but last night he slept from 8:00pm until 4 am... no midnight wake up call for me! I fed him at 4 then he went right back to sleep until 7:00. It' s so weird the past few nights that he has started to sleep more I have my dreams back... I guess I am not so tired anymore! :0)

Everytime we would hold up the camera he would stop smiling..grrr
Getting geared up for the pool, his little rash guard and swim trunks were something I bought for him before he was born!

He is WAY too small for his float, but it was good to keep the sun off of him.
Just chillin in the pool, I think he likes it.
Sleepy boy for fire works.....

1 comment:

Charlee said...

OK the pool pictures are just too darn cute! Where did you get the pool float? I can't find one for a baby so small I have sone but not like that. He is such a cutie. I can't wait to see him Thursday out of his sling.