Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Report

It's not that nothing happens during the week but it seems like I only bust out the camera on the weekends. I guess if something isn't written in my planner I don't take pictures.... hmmm. Right now I finally have a sleeping boy (who has been up since 6:15 and has only dozed a little bit, no real naps until now.... :0) )
Friday night we went to the mexican food place at the Mission Inn to have a little family celebration for Father's Day, my Mom's Birthday and Jay's Birthday, I brought my camera but don't have any pictures, darn it. We had a fun time. Kaitlyn and I had fun hiding in the bushes to take care of everyone's presents, she did the shopping and I brought the stuff to do the wrapping, we got a few strange looks.

On Saturday Morning Jonathan decided to sleep until 6:15, which is great but we had a yard sale to get working on..... :0). We have been having our own little episode of clean house for the past few weeks and Saturday was YARD SALE DAY!!! Would we make enough money to re-decorate our houses? Well there was no matching money up to $1000, but we made $1120, yep you read that right, here's the catch. My parents sold the trailer for $1000, so we made $120, our worst yard sale yet!! We had really great junk too.... So we made almost enough to pay for gas and lunch.... booo. Oh well we had fun hanging out and getting sunburned. On Saturday night we went to small groups. It was fun but Jonathan was pretty fussy, oh well.

Sunday was Father's day. Church was at a different time so we had a nice slow relaxing morning, after church we went to Target to get Jonathan a bouncy seat, he loves it!! I was able to do my fastest Target trip ever, by the time Thomas got back to the car after returning some frames with Jonathan he listened to 1 and 1/2 songs before I got to the car with a cart-ful (sort of) I was very proud of myself, I am so much faster shopping with a list now. Then we headed up to Cherry Valley to my parents house for dinner, then we went home for naps and then......


Thomas got to play hockey for the first time in.... ummm..... a year and a half. He was signed up to play the weekend after Jonthan was born with Jason so needless to say he didn't go. He was very excited but is pretty sore today. It was strange for me to pack up a beanie and warm clothes for JT with it being so hot outside, but the rink is pretty cold. I can't help but wonder if I will be a hockey momma or if Jonathan will pick another sport. While Thomas was packing up his gear Jonathan was getting pretty cranky I walked into the locker room and he was silent. I don't know if the stink took his breath away or if he will be happy there.... only time will tell :0).

1 comment:

Charlee said...

It the male hormones and sweat of a locker room that appeals to all males. Breven is such a boy and always has been. My mom says they are men from the minute they are born. Just wait till he burps and thinks it's funny!