Monday, June 9, 2008

Update-apalooza

Whew, what a busy weekend. On Saturday we "pretend"slept in. Then we got to work! Thomas and I worked like crazy in the backyard, mowing, pruning, pulling weeds, cleaning the BBQ island, cleaning the patio, putting teak oil on the furniture while Jonathan napped inside in the swing. We had the baby monitor on and He was sleeping with music so it was a little like listening to the radio with a really bad signal :0). I also cleaned the kitchen. We came in for lunch, to feed Jonathan and take a break from the sun (Thomas really looked like a "redneck"), in the midst of all of that I kicked his swing.... hard.... I think I may have broken my "ring" toe, booo.
After that we worked a little more then took showers and met up with my mom, dad, and Alyssa to go the Cherry Festival. The Cherry Festival is for kids in Beaumont what the Holland Festival was for us as kids. We had fun walking the booths and having some dinner, the highlight was definitely people watching. We saw this guy with the most AMAZING mullet we had ever seen. We had to get a picture but weren't quite sure how so we "pretended" to pose for a photo and got him in the background. For a minute we thought he was with the band, Berlin (from the 80s), but we discovered that as the evening concert got started he is actually a roadie, must travel with the band to small town festivals for the performances. We were all cracking up!!! We only stayed for a few songs but it definitely took me back to the 80's club!!!

On Sunday we went to church and then came home so I could do Alyssa's hair for John and Janea's wedding, I was pretty proud of my work, it is the one style I can do for other people, so if you ever need an updo and want it to look like this.... I am your girl! We had dinner at my parents and then came home for a quick nap, we got ready and headed out for the wedding. It was a gorgeous ceremony and Jonathan slept through the whole thing. What a beautiful day! It took me back a little bit to our wedding since we were high school sweethearts who got married after college. sigh. We stayed a the reception for a little while but he was starting to get fussy so we went home to get him to bed. I also had to work on report cards so.....
Right before I took this picture Jonathan has his hand on Thomas' chin, so adorable.


Today we thought we had Jonathan's dr appt, but we wrote it down wrong and it is actually tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much he weighs, he grows so fast. On Saturday night we had to change his jammies in the middle of the night and I thought these ones that button up the front would be easiest, well it buttoned down to the middle of his tummy and his legs just hung out, so I just wrapped him up in a blanket. I can't believe that just 7 weeks ago he was swimming in them. I think there will be a ton of clothes that he will never get to wear.... bummer....

4 comments:

Jessica said...

1. Love the picture of you guys in the grass, so cute!

2. Wow, you guys did a ton on Saturday! Way to go! Baby monitors are great. We always put Ethan down (on the weekends) and then sit out in the backyard with the monitor. It almost feels like we're alone :)

3. That is the craziest mullet I've ever seen and if you hadn't said that he was a dude, I would have totally thought that was a chick.

4. You and your sisters look cute at the wedding. Way to go Jonathan for being a good boy for the wedding!

Charlee said...

OK I must have missed mullet man! Glad youhad a good time. Wow you guys were productive this weekend I wish we were that way. With Brad working so much I feel like our hosue is slacking!

As for the baby clothes just put them aside you never know if your next one will be a boy or girl. Thats what I did with Breven's stuff and you and 3 other girls reaped the benifits of tons of baby wear.

Give me a call I still have those clothes for your friend I am home most of the week you can reach me on my cell.

Moore Family said...

What a fun weekend! I loved the mullet!!! We saw a mullet this weekend too, but I didn't think to take a picture!!! Business in the front...party in the back!!

Cowen Family said...

Leighann, Thank you for commenting on my blog! It is amazing to reconnect with so many after so many years! Your little guys is precious and you are a beautiful mother! Blessings, Hannah