Sunday, June 22, 2008

118 degrees!!!!!

So this weekend Thomas, Jonathan and I went to Havasu to work on the casa. We left on Friday after Thomas loaded up the truck with as much stuff as we could cram into it. Jonathan did really well and made it all the way to Parker before he decided he was hungry, which was nice since I was about ready to eat off my own arm because I was so hungry. When I was prego I kept snacks with me all the time to keep from feeling sick, guess I have gotton used to that but didn't pack any since we were gonna get groceries in Havasu so we didn't have to deal with an ice chest booo. We stoped at subway and took a little dinner break. Then we hit the road for what is the most beautiful part of the drive, you can almost feel your shoulders relax thinking you are almost to your vacation destination, how cool is it that we have a house there. We pulled up to the house and unloaded the truck. I got JT all settled for the night while Thomas got the dishwasher and fridge set up. Then the cleaning began. The house was not as bad as I had remembered it (the last time I was there was when we put an offer on it after a quick walk through in March). It was a bank repo so it definitly needs some love. We cleaned the whole kitchen and then crashed in bed. Of course we were up early with the peanut and went out to Wal Mart to get a bunch of stuff that we needed. They just build a brand new super wal mart and can I just say that the one here in Beaumont (which I thought was pretty good) is nothing compared to the one there. It was amazing, it was also kinda funny to me that people go there just to hang out and get out of the heat. We headed back to the house and then got to work a little more. We got the bathroom cleaned the walls and base board all cleaned,the floors cleaned, the ceiling fans and lights installed,princess wall stickers and border removed from the bedroom, kitchen and linen closet shelves lined, a trip to kmart to get Jonathan a swing ( a moment of desperation, now he has one at both houses :0) it definitly helped in letting us get more stuff done). Thomas fixed several leaks, he amazes me with how handy he is. I think he learned alot at out 12th st house. Saturday night we went to Red Robin for dinner, Jonathan fell asleep in the car, slept through most of dinner and started to cry just as we were paying the bill. It was fun for Thomas and I to go out for dinner, it seems like we have been really busy most nights. When we headed back and I went to bed with Jonathan, I was pretty tired, I forgot what a noisy sleeper he is since he was in the pac in play in our room. While we were sleeping Thomas put some wood conditioner stuff on the kitchen cabinets, they look really nice now. Sunday morning we went to Home Depot early to get paint for next weekend among some other things. We found out from the paint lady that the big sale on paint will start on Thursday so we decided to wait. Thomas did find a weed eater (which he made the point of why would you need one for your gravel yard, even if you did use it to knock down the few weeds you have you might break a window or gash up your leg with all the gravel... hmmm maybe that is why it was a good deal.... not a good seller there). Then we were back at the house to finish things up. We are now ready to paint next weekend with the exception of patching holes in the kitchen and living room and the bathroom ceiling drywall patch. We were very productive!! With JT it takes us about 4 hours with a stop for him to eat and get a fresh diaper on the drive. I didn't really take any pictures, just a few of Jonathan in the sink for a bath ( that kid loves a bath like I always say!! and the poor sweaty kid needed one, swaddling was not really his friend in Havasu so I "straight jacketed" him as Thomas said, I wraped the blanket so his arms were at his sides but the rest of him was free to be in the AC, what a nut....). Thomas suggested that he put the pictures from his cell phone on here but they are of me sleeping in the car on the way home with my mouth hanging open, guess it is paybacks for all the ones I take of him. But since I am writing this post no pictures......

In my last blog about stuff we needed we got a dishwasher from Matt and Jess, thanks guys.
Anyone got a couch (preferably a sleeper sofa in near brand new condition :0) ) jk, but seriously!? We do need some furniture out there.

When we got home the AC was running, we were like, WHY IS THE AIR ON IT IS COLD IN HERE!!! I looked at the thermostat and it was 82, what it is set to come on at, hmmm guess it takes cleaning like a maniac in 118 degree weather to give a little perspective.

Thomas is off to play Hockey again, but the game doesn't start until 10 something so I am staying home, think he is gonna be a little tired in the morning??

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It makes me hot just thinking about 118 degrees, whew. I've been there when it's been 120, so I do know what it feels like. When you ride in the boat it feels like a furnace is blasting at you. Glad you are getting good use out of the dishwasher and that you got so much done, way to go! Next time you have to post some pictures of your progress :)