Thursday, June 19, 2008

2 months old.

Yesterday Jonathan turned two months old, my how time flies when you are having fun! Since I have been limiting the amount of dairy I eat he has been a new kid. His "happy" awake time is much more often than his "screaming" awake time. Let me tell you it makes Thomas and I (and everyone else who meets him) much happier. He was with my mom for a bit yesterday while I took Duncan and Roxy to the groomers (they looked like poor little homeless dogs, much better now...) and went to get a pedicure. He did great although he was getting ready to think that he was "dying" of hunger when I walked in the door. He definitely loves to eat!
Here are the some of the things that he does now that he is 2 months old:
  • smiles when you smile at him ( although this morning he was smiling at his "friend" the ceiling fan)
  • coos and smacks his lips
  • rolls over (tummy to back)
  • bounces in his bouncy seat and swings in his swing (he likes to be on the move)
  • still wants/ needs to be swaddled to sleep (even for naps)
  • sometimes wakes up just one time at night to eat
  • "listens" to new sounds (like the trash truck this morning)
  • screams almost every time you click him in his car seat and then stops as soon as the car is going
  • spits out almost any pipe (aka Binky) you give him
  • loves taking a bath (he can be so disgruntled and the second he hits the water he is a new man)
  • smiles at me whenever I change his diaper, even in the middle of the night when I don't talk or really look at him
  • cries almost every time I put a shirt/ onesie over his head

Tonight we have our shower at church so that should be fun. This weekend we are off to go clean the Havasu house. Maybe even start on painting, we will see how things go. Hopefully the peanut will be happy in the heat! Luckily we have great AC out there.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad he's happier and not screaming as much, I'm sure you are much happier! I love those little smiles with the dimples.

Patty said...

Happy 2 months, Jonathan!
I love your list. Brings me back to when Jacob was a tiny baby.
So glad to hear that cutting out the dairy did the trick. YAY!
See you at the shower tonight. :)

Charlee said...

Glad he is doing better! I know dietary changes can make a new baby overnight. As for his friend the cealing fan well Aubree stares at it too I thought it was just her. I have some Binkeys that Aubree didn't even use if you want any others to try.