Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dr. Update

We had out check up with the dr today for Jonathan. He is doing very well....here are the details ( can you handle the anticipation....) He weighs 11lbs 5 oz and is now 21 inches long. He started out weighing 6 15 so he has gained a little weight (ha ha from the 10th percentile to the 75th percentile.... he is a big boy, he is an Odenbaugh after all). I will be packing away a good portion of his closet with the tags still on.... I think he has worn the cutest of it so we should be ok. We got a perscription to try to help with his spitting up/ screamfest issues. He just seems to be in pain when that happens so hopefully this will help. He got three shots and was starting to doze off right before he got them. He let out a pretty loud scream. We had his pipe ready (aka binky/ pacifier) a blankie near his face and he then fell instantly asleep. It was actually quite amazing.
I think the most impressive thing ( I am alowed to think that I am his mom after all.... he he) is how strong and alert he is. The dr was pretty impressed as well. He holds his head up like a 4 month old and forget "tummy time" because he rolls right over, which he has been doing for a couple of weeks but I thought it was a fluke because he is too little to do things like that. I asked her about it and she said the whole point of "tummy time" is for them to build up their muscles, so they can hold their head up and roll over, which he has already done. He rolled over for her on the table. I can't leave him for a minute (I never do anyways).
I had a feeling the minute that I saw the ultrasound and was having a boy that I was in for an adventure. Whenever I had a dr appt when I was pregnant she always had to chase him down to get his heartbeat. I always joked that he was like a tornado in my tummy. And now he is already rolling over and does a little scooting when he is on his tummy..... oh boy.......here we go.
I can't wait to see what kind of crazy little boy he will be, but right now I love the tiny little that he is.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

woah, rolling over already!! That normally doesn't happen for at least another month or two. You are definitely in for it! He'll be crawling by 6 months, and then helping Thomas mow the lawn by a year! It's hard for me to picture him being active because I've only ever seen him asleep, haha.

Charlee said...

Wow rolling over I guess Aubree needs to work out some more. Actually she holds her head up when she is on your shoulder.He will be walking in no time watch out boys are meschevious when they get to crawling and walking! His weight sounds pretty good too I love to hear the gains in height and weight.Good to hear that they gave you something for his possible GERD medication can make a world of difference you may even feel like you have a new kid.

Faithy said...

Wow, at this rate he'll be walking before Grady :) It's so fun to see them grow and change, enjoy each moment!