Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend Update







We had a really great weekend. On Saturday we went to Jonathan's first Holland Festival. He slept through the whole thing in the sling. It was so nice to be out and about and show him off a little bit. And of course enjoy olie bollen and the other yummy dutch foods. After the Holland Festival we went to Thomas' grandpas house for a little bit so Jonathan could eat and Thomas could help him load up some stuff for his next trip to Utah. Then we did our fastest Costco trip ever. I was a little sad because I didn't look at any of the "stuff", usually when we go to Costco we go up and down every isle checking everything out, but as I clean out my house there is truely NOTHING I need (right now at least :0) ). Then we came home and Jonthan and I napped in the hammock in the backyard.



On Sunday we went to Church for the first time. We got there on time, early even but had to leave right away because of the little guy. We went over to my parents house for Sunday lunch, Alyssa was home and had fun holding the little guy before lunch and after lunch she set to work spray painting our old "black" fridge some more, she is going to take it to her new apartment and we are going to take her old white one to the Havisu house. For those of you who don't know when we moved into our house with all black appliances we thought that spraypainting our white fridge was a good option ( plus we were a little short on cash at the time). Let me just not recomend that unless you never want to touch your fridge because you will get black "paint dust" on your hands. Good luck Alyssa! Sunday afternoon we took our traditional naps. Sunday evening we went to night church and were late, but still made it. There was a meeting afterward and then we went with some friends to Frugos, I love that place!!


Sunday night Jonathan was awake every two hours so yesterday we both did quite a bit of napping on Monday. It was kinda nice just to hang around the house for the day. The guy came and picked up the Bili Blanket! Glad to have that out of my house, we go for another blood test tomorrow.
I just had to add this one in, I forget what night this happened, Jonathan had a blow out and we could not figure out why... Thomas got up to change him while I cleaned up the rest and I hear from the Nursery "This diaper was poorly installed, that's the problem". Guess I was a little tired, or he wiggled out of it, which he has been known to do since then, this morning for example. Maybe I will put a onsie on under his night gown to keep things in place. We were just laughing for about two minutes, then realized it was the middle of the night and we should get back to bed!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that little Hawaiin shirt, and the little jeans that come up so far, haha...cute. Ethan slept in his sling at the Holland Festival too... and at church the next morning.

Charlee said...

OK you are making me cry! Jonathan is in Breven's outfits it makes me sad and miss my baby as a baby! I have almost the same picture of Breven in the hawaiian shirt and jeans. He does look good in them though!

Congrats on your first trips out you will get to shop the isles of Costco soon.

As for the blow out it dosn't matter how good you put the diaper on some days it just happens. Blow outs and nursing go hand in hand. I used to put Breven in a onesie and then the clothes and then on a lap pad if it was his time of day to make his buisness it saved lots of sheets and blankets.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Jill said...

gotta love the butt crack shot! Ask Mark about his first "diaper installation" and how it turned out. :)

Moore Family said...

I love his little jeans!!! They are so cute!!