Friday, May 2, 2008

The sling

In the sling. All snuggled up.
Belly shot, 40 weeks!


This is a shout out to the aides at my school who bought me my sling. It is the best thing ever! They even got me the DVD to go with it so I know how to use it the right way and all of the different ways I can position the babe as he grows. Last night I got to try it out and Jonathan loved it. He was fussing a little bit and Thomas even put it on for a little while so I could go take a bath. While the DVD was a little, how do I say it, "Mother Earthy" it works really well for me. I told Thomas that he needed to grow some dreadlocks and head down to our old stomping grounds in Ocean Beach and be an "Earth Biscuit" carrying his baby around in a sling. Funny since he is so clean cut and says sir and ma'am he got mistaken for being military when we were in the hospital. In just a few minutes we are going to get Jonathan's two week old pictures taking. I was hoping his "nub" would fall off for the ocasion but no luck...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Welcome to the world of babywearing :) The sling really is great, I love mine and still use it.

Charlee said...

Can I borrow that DVD I have a sling and only pictures to instruct me, darn hippies!

He looks pretty comfy in there!!

Charlee said...

By the way that adorable dimple he has is going to make you melt and hard to put in time out when he gives you that smile that only your boy can give you! Breven is a master at that sweet dimple producing smile!