Monday, May 12, 2008

First Bath





I am a bad blogger, Sorry to those of you who check faithfully to see no new updates. Last week Thursday night we gave Jonathan his first real in the tub bath. He hated it, until we swaddled him up to change the water (that yes he did pee in after he peed all over me, learned our lesson, keep the washcloth ON!). Once he was swaddled with fresh water I washed his hair. He LOVED that part, big, eyes, no tears and happily looking around. It makes me so happy because one of my favorite things is to rub little boys heads, especially when they get older and have fuzzy buzz cuts. I hope he never grows out of that, even if he does he will have to humor his momma and let me rub his head.


Yesterday was my first mother's day, we went to church and heard Jeffy do an awesome tuba performance, I was truely impressed! We went to my parents house for lunch and had a great afternoon. While Jonathan did do me a favor by being born in April ( the birth stone is a diamond... hello!) my mommy present (for giving birth) and my mother's day present were rolled into one, a new kitchen table, which I have been wanting since we moved in, but could never find the right thing. It should be here sometime on Thursday!


We are starting the "schedule" so it is time for the baby to eat, we will see how it goes tonight, last night was great!

2 comments:

The Four on Board said...

good i am glad to hear last night was great! the bath looks so fun! i have never heard of swaddling in the bath...sounds interesting. what do you use?

Jessica said...

Hope the schedule goes well, once they are on one life is much easier :)