Thursday, May 1, 2008

May 1st

I can't get over the dimples!! (did I already post this?? SHEESH, I am forgetful sometimes!!)
I couldn't resist jeans for his doctor's appointment on Monday, he wore them for about an hour (maybe less) because he was still on the bili blanket.
This one is for Great Grandma DeWaard. More than once as he is waking up to eat he works his LEFT hand out of his swaddle and puts it by his face. A couple of nights ago he couldn't loosen the blanket so he pulled his arm through the night gown sleeve and through his neck openening to get it to his face.
He had open eyes for Grandma Wallerius yesterday, we had a great time chatting all day. I can no longer be annoyed at the shelf of plastic tubs of baseball cards that are in my garage. She bought those for Thomas because she knew that he needed to memorize and he needed to know numbers so he memorized baseball stats. I think he might be so great at his job and all the numbers he needs to know.
A BOY at tea time. A Wednesday afternoon tradition as long as I can remember. He stayed asleep the whole time in his seat. Thomas was surprised that he was "allowed". :0) I think he could get just about anything.


As I was looking at my planner today I saw May 1st as my origional due date. As I think back to that time I can hardly believe it. It was August and school was just starting to get back in gear. I was a few days late and took one of those fateful home tests. I didn't quite believe it when I saw the two lines, neither could Thomas. I waited until after the school week was over to take the test because I knew I would be too distracted if I knew either way. We went to our small group at the Hekmans, I am pretty sure Jacob was a tiny new thing and Jess and Jill were still baking their tiny littles. Thomas and I stopped at Rite Aid in Yucaipa and picked up a digital test. We rushed home and I took the test. The tiny lettering on the stick said pregnant! Could it be true?!? I went to the doctors shortly after to confirm and it was true. She gave me a due date of May 1st which my OB changed to May 2nd, I don't know if that is because of leap year or what , anyways. It is hard to believe that Jonathan will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. What a journey this has been. Although we feel like we have no idea what we are doing I think that our family is settling in nicely. I am feeling great, cleaning and organizing. I must be nesting now that I have some time, and not a huge belly. :0) The past few nights at about 2 in the morning (but he did sleep a 4 hour stretch last night, yea!) I am crawling back into bed with a lightly snoring boy on my right side and a sighing a grunting tiny little on my left in the bassinet and I couldn't possibly feel more blessed.


Here are some photos!

4 comments:

Charlee said...

What a cute story about how you found out!

I also love seeing Jonathan in Breven's old stuff it makes me feel good to know that someone is getting use out of them.
He is looking so good! Is he still off the blanket?

Hope all is going well and that things are beginning to get into a routine.

Just think in 9 days I will be having my new little one and our two little ones can meet for the first time!

Have a great weekend!!!

Patty said...

Oh, I remember that day! Jacob was just a week old. Just a little bitty thing. It all goes by so fast!
Love Jonathan's dimples! So precious. :)

Jessica said...

I remember that day :) I don't know how you kept quiet... I'll bet you were bursting at the seems! What a blessing our children are :) Those dimples are great... I am SUCH a sucker for dimples, I always tell Matt all he has to do is smile at me and those dimples can get him whatever he wants, haha.

Verhoeven5 said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I really love to see all the fun pictures!