Monday, May 19, 2008

1 month old


Yesterday was Jonathan's one month old birthday... I cannot believe how big he has grown, over this weekend even! I am going to try to take pictures with sock monkey to show how much he has grown each month... we will see how that goes. This picture makes me laugh because he is looking at me distracting him so he doesn't cry that someone isn't holding him at that exact second! He is such a funny little guy, he has the biggest grin sometimes that I just never have the camera for, it is usually after he has been naughty in some way that only a baby can, working his way out of a swaddle, keeping me up for hours in the middle of the night, peeing on me. No matter how frustrated I may start to get that little smile makes me forget it all. I have a feeling he will be using that his whole life to get out of trouble.

We took this picture while lounging on the hammock in the backyard. Thomas left on Friday night to take care of somethings at the house in Lake Havasu. Everything went really well. I decided not to go since there was no gurarantee of running water (it was a bank repo, and the last time he went out the water was off, so.... with Jonathan's unpredictable nature sometimes running water is esential ha ha). I definitly missed him but the peanut and I did great. The fans work, the masterbathroom is working (we do need to tile, it has pretty ugly linoleum), there is no leak from the pipes in the ceiling, the dishwasher does NOT work, Thomas was running it through an empty cycle when he noticed water pouring out the garage door, anyone have a cheap dishwasher for sale!?! So next step is cleaning and painting, let us know if you wanna come help!! We are super excited to head out to the lake with our little guy, I hope he likes the water as much as we do, here's to waterskiing in a couple of years!! I can't wait to get out there again myself. Since this summer we will likely just to early morning so he doesn't get to hot I can work on my skills ( that I don't really have.... )

Don't know if his eyes will be brown, right now they are BLUE BLUE BLUE. He is so strong and is doing really well at holding his head up on his own a little bit. He has blond hair, I still can't get enough of his fuzzy little head.


Here is an example of me trying to put him to sleep... my mom just laughed at him on Saturday night. He fights it so bad sometimes. Jonathan and I spent the day there helping paint and get the guestbedroom ready for everyone comming for Alyssa's graduation. The room looks great... I am so proud of my mom for using a COLOR on the walls! We had a good time hanging out and working a little bit. I think I may have passed on my organizing bug (you should she our garage...). We practically have the Havasu house covered with out buying much at all, too much junk, now we will both have clean houses! I even bargained with Alyssa to buy some of her crate and barell silverware.

Ok so I wrote alot, one more adventure: Jonathan and I went to the nail salon on Thursday morning. They were so excited to see him. They are like family there. He started to wail a little when she was finishing my toes (I kept him in the sling and he slept most of the time) so I didn't get a flower..... maybe next time. :0)

5 comments:

Moore Family said...

Happy 1 month birthday to Johnathan!!! He is so cute!

Jessica said...

Those are great pictures, I can't believe he's a month already :) It was nice to see you today.

Jessica said...

p.s.... the second picture makes me laugh, for a second it reminded me of Zoolander, haha. He is such a cutie!

Charlee said...

He is so cute!! You have survived your first month congrats!

As for his un-predictable peeing that's one of the joys of having a boy I always tossed a cloth diaper over him when I changed him so I wouldn't get peed on as much.

We need to get our little ones together after Aubree's eye is better so they can have thier first play date eventhough both of them will be sleeping!

krista said...

happy one month jonathan!
cute pictures :)