Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I need to vent before I scream and wake up Jonathan...

I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES.... it represents all that is wasteful, ridiculous and wrong.... so a few weeks ago I got a notice in the mail saying that the claim for Jonathan's immunizations was denied. huh? I said to myself I thought he was covered. So I called the insurance company after waiting on hold (blah blah blah) I find out that he is covered Beaver just put down the wrong number ( I ask the "lovely" lady on the phone to make the change, but no she tells me that would be illegal) I ask her "what do I need to do now" she told me to call the doctor. Well momma called the doctor and the doctor said call claims, so momma called claims and claims said call billing, so momma called billing and billing said we will call you back. Surprise surprise they never did. SO I gave them a few days and I called again, they said they have not recieved the denial from the insurance company and I just need to wait for THEM to send me a bill that I will then call them again about (saying I won't pay it) and then they will resubmit the claim to the insurance company with the correct number that does not tell insurance that Jonathan had strep throat but rather immunizations. Are you kidding me?!?!? this is such a waste of time (and money since I am sure the lovely people who answer phone calls like this all day long get paid) for ALL of us. Besides all this it just irritates me to know how much is being charged for three little shots.
Oh well I guess it could be worse. I just don't want to waste anymore time on hold! Thanks for letting me vent! I feel much better!

2 comments:

Charlee said...

Yes insurance companies are full of terrible wastefull time consuming things. Being put on hold dosn't help make that feeling go away it just makes it worse! If you think his shots were expensive you should see the hospital bills to deliver him!

Jill said...

Oh, Leighann, I feel your pain. I had a similar issue happen regarding my first prenatal doctor visit, which included all of the bloodwork (HUGE BILL). I went through the same stupid thing and then...6 months later...it was finally taken care of. Don't you love the efficient, competent people taking care of our insurance and health care?! Sorry to be so pessimistic...you obviously hit a nerve. :) Here's to hoping that this will be over in less than 6 months!!