Monday, August 25, 2008

1st day of school

Today was the first day of school with my fresh batch of Kindergartners. It is going to be a fun year! (I am saying that NOT sarcastically) They are truely excited about learning and they catch on pretty fast. I got so many smiles today and not really any tears. They have some really fun personalities too. I definitly have to plan more to do for tomorrow, they are fast. Which for kindergarten is really fast. The best story for today was a little guy who told me "I know what a million plus a thousand is... one million one thousand, and 2 +2 is 4 and 10+10 is 20 and here is my name (and he gave me all the letters) and here is my families names because I am going to give this picture to them (the names were spelled correctly..) " wow.... no blank stares when I asked what is your name sweetheart... It's gonna be a good year. I must admit that having 4 fresh little babies come in with their afternoon kinder siblings did make me want to burst into tears and run home to my but baby it's gonna be OK. Most days I will be able to sneak out at lunch but today I had to keep the criers and wanderers in check. :0) I do want to crawl into bed right now and it's only Monday but the first day is always super exhausting because of all the nerves before the day starts. Here's to 179 more days of fun!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

When Garrett was born, I went back to work when he was 5 weeks old. Luckily I only taught two days a week. One day, there was this strange noise and I kept hearing it over my own voice talking to the high schoolers about drama. Finally I said, "WHAT IS THAT?" We determined that it was a weird machine outside. It sounded exactly like a newborn crying (to me anyway) and it totally made my lactating mammaries go into overdrive. So I feel your pain about seeing all the little ones coming to get their big siblings.

Jessica said...

Yay, you made it!!! Glad to hear that it went so well :) Hopefully you can get some good sleep tonight and not be too tired for the week.

Faithy said...

Yeah! Thanks for your post :) Glad your day went well. I hope the next 179 days are really great for you and the transition from sahm to wm is smooth. JT is in good hands! :) Hope you can get some rest tomnight. See you tomorrow.

Charlee said...

Aww I would miss my baby too! I hope you have a good week and these kiddo's continue to be good quick learners!Get some rest this bunch may keep you on your toes! If you ever need a back up babysitter remember I am home every day! and Breven would love 2 babies in his house.

Patty said...

Yay for a good day, Leighann!! Hope the rest of the year goes as smoothly. Your little kids sound precious. :)