Tuesday, February 19, 2008

28 Weeks and we learned something!



Last weekend Thomas and I went to a child birth preparation class. We choose to do the acellerated weekend course because we had heard so many mixed reviews from friends who had gone to the many weeks of Monday nights. It wasn't so bad. The tour of the hospital was pretty cool since Redlands has a new maternity wing that we had never been to since all of the babies that we have gone to visit recently were born in the old wing. It was lots of good information, nothing life changing but overall it went well. I don't know if I really feel any more prepared ( can you ever really be???) but at least we know where to go once we get there. Let me rephrase that... Thomas knows where to go once we get there. I still get off at the wrong floor for my drs appointments from the elevator, so I am not counting on myself to remember anything. Just breathe, but don't make yourself hyperventilate, that's all I need to remember right?!?.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah, Mark and I debated between the long weekend course and the series of Friday nights. We went with the Friday nights, but boy, were they long and never-ending!! We're SO excited for you guys!!!

Charlee said...

Yes just remember to breathe and Thomas can handle directions!

Jessica said...

Yup, just remember to breathe :) We didn't even do the classes, and we managed just fine, so I'd say you're set to go :) The nurses are really nice and they tell you what to do anyhow. You'll be just fine :)

Patty said...

We took the accelerated class too. I think it is called 'Quick and Painless', isn't it? Ha Ha!
You'll do great!