Sunday, October 2, 2011

pets




So since our goldfish went to go swim in the lake (aka got flushed down the toilet) we have had an empty fish tank in the shed. The other day Thomas noticed that our tomato plant (pretty much the only thing that grew in our garden this year) getting eaten by something. Turns our there were some huge tomato bugs on the attack. He captured them and put them into the tank. Jonathan has been faithfully feeding his pets by giving them fresh leaves and woodchips. He was actually pretty responsible about taking care of them! I found a grasshopper the other day and managed to catch it to add to the collection. It didn't stay to long and escaped (or got eaten) sometime during the night. It has been fun to have some little bug pets to watch!


I do have to say that the other day we had the chance to add another pet. We have had a lizard come into our house 3 times! I am pretty sure it is the same guy. 1st time - only in the garage and Thomas swept him out. 2nd time - in my LIVINGROOM and I had to call my dad while standing on a chair to come capture him. Totally freaked/grossed me out! 3rd time - laundry room - Thomas caught him and accidently cut off his tail ( I was gone at the time). I do hope my boys keep their creepy crawly collections to a few bugs.... I can handle that. The lizard on the other hand... I hope he learned his lesson and stays far far away!



No comments: