Sunday, February 1, 2009

A good weekend and some new tricks

We had a good weekend. It was really nice to be mostly home and get caught up on some things. On Friday we cleaned up the casa... folded a mountain of laundry and went out to dinner with Alyssa and Mom at El Charo... yummmy! Saturday we were up early ( let me rephrase that... Jonathan was up early and so we were up early too. the whole "pretend sleeping in" thing works till about 6:30 now). Then we bundled up the bubby in his exersaucer and got to work on the yard. He also loved to sit on the blanket and pick grass to eat... yuck! We pulled weeds and pruned in the front and Thomas worked hard setting more of the block in place in the backyard. It was such a nice and sunny day after a cool morning that I ended up in a tank and shorts. JT took some great naps and we got alot accomplished... we are definitely sore today! On Saturday night my parents watched the bubby (sleep) and we went out to Palm Desert to celebrate Jeff's birthday. Sorry I took my camera but didn't take any pics. We got home from the festivities at one in the morning.... a good time with good food and lots of laughs but a late night for us (we are soooo old!). Today we went to church, dinner and then came home for naps and the superbowl. We were sad that the Chargers weren't playing.

On Saturday Jonathan was so funny. Grandma W told me that she thinks he is too strong for his age... well he showed me how he does a "pull up" on the kitchen table. He climbs up to the chair, stands up and then reaches up to the table and pulls his feet off the ground. Yikes! I have a climber in training. He also learned how much fun the Roomba is to play with. On Wednesday Grandpa O watched him and when I came home at lunch he told me how sore his knees were because they spent a good chunk of the morning crawling together after Roomba... Grandma let him turn it on and chase it on Friday. When it came on on Saturday his little eyes lit up and he started to chase it. Even putting both hands on it and "walking" behind it... silly boy. We got some fun videos but they are too long to post.
He loves to have his teeth brushed after his bath. He would always watch Thomas and I getting ready.... So I got him one for his two teeth.

Laundry is done!

** Another fun trick ( I want to post this one so I don't forget!). We still put him in his bouncy seat when we are getting ready some mornings even though he is way to big for it. Usually he just sits there and watches us but the other day he flipped himself over and was crawling around with it still strapped to him. He looked like a little turtle. Wish I had my camera handy for that one but I don't want to encourage him to repeat that little trick!.


1 comment:

Charlee said...

The turtle trick must be a big laugh! As is the chasing the roomba Aubree has a brother to chase and she has dried out knees and marks form crawling after him all day. BTW I love his laundry basket recliner