Monday, March 28, 2011

Thirty ?!?

This weekend we celebrated my 30th birthday. On Friday Thomas and I went to a new steakhouse here in Beaumont. It was super yummy and really fancy. It worked great for us because it was so close we got to take our time and not have to add driving time. The crowd was definitely older (and we did have a reservation for 6:00) so it made us feel really young! :0) Always a good thing when you turn the big 3-0. Thomas got me new skis, boots, and poles. Since I am getting older I have decided that I am not going to get any better at snowboarding so I might as well stick with skiing since I enjoy that so much more. On Saturday Jonathan stuck with Thomas to work on my car and I went with my mom, Alyssa and David to go thrifting. Our newest favorite store had 30% off so that was fun. It was so easy to push around the single stroller and David is such an easy baby that we had a great time! On Sunday Kaitlyn drove up from Newport and we all met at Benihana for dinner. It was yummy as always and we had fun watching the show. I have to say I am excited about my 30s and I only have a few goals: to do whatever I am doing on a given day with a good attitude and do it well (from staying at home to working at school). To enjoy each day to the fullest. I also want to make 29 when I weighed the most in my life. I never really lost all the baby weight after Jonathan and then I gained alot with David. so basically I don't want to go back up just down. :0) So whenever someone tells me "wow thirty... you know it is all down hill from here." I will say it sure is and just be thinking about a number on a scale and not anything else! :0)

1 comment:

Charlee said...

Good for you I hit 30 last year and its been good! If you ever want to join me at Jazzercise on your home days let me know! We have childcre in the mornings. Evenings there are classes but no babysitting. Its been a great stress reliever and always makes me smile!so call me!