Monday, March 28, 2011

School at home

Since every once in a while I get to missing Kindergarten I have to bust out a few of my old tricks with Jonathan. He loves doing "school" things with me. We practice letters and sounds and numbers together. He knows most of his colors and shapes but we still practice those too. We are always reading tons of books together. It is so cute to hear him read the books he has memorized. The other day it was rainy all day so we did a few science experiments (he called them "procedures"). When I don't need to clean during David's morning nap we try to do something special together. I just hope that when he actually goes to school he doesn't tell the teacher "my mom already did that with me..." and just has fun !
- I made a big "flannel grab" as he likes to call it. We "won" a big canvas painting at a white elephant exchange and I covered it so he could use my old felt animals and numbers. We practiced sorting, counting and a little number matching.
This started out as a little color mixing and making shapes but turned into finger painting. He likes wearing his old pillow case smock.
Since I don't have any recent pictures of him helping me cook (we usually prep dinner in the morning or bake something talking about ingredients and measuring). I thought I would include this one of him helping Auntie Kaitlyn cook/ make margaritas :0). He was so thrilled at Costco a month or so ago when we went and they had samples including a small cup of blended margarita mix (no alcohol). "Margarinas just for KIDS!" he was so excited.

1 comment:

Charlee said...

I did a lot of teacher type projects with Breven and no teacher has ever mentioned it to me that he didn't want to participate. Glad he enjoys it Aubree is on that same track so thats why she is going to school in the fall.