Friday, September 24, 2010

The story of David - week 1

So this post is all mixed up... but I wanted to get it done!! I am slowly trying to get back into blogging.... hopefully I can do it! :0)

going home on Sunday.








The Odenbaugh Boys










Getting his first bath












































Since he is a week old I thought it was about time that I wrote about David's birth story. Last Friday morning started off with me adding to the blisters on my feet. All week long I had been taking Jonathan for long walks in hopes of getting things moving along. Thomas and I joked that my water was going to break on my heels first! :0) Jonathan and I spent the morning planting in the front planter some flowers that we had bought at Home Depot. After lunch I put Jonathan down for his nap and waited for my mom to come and watch him while I went to my Drs. appointment. Thomas met me there and as we were walking in we were wondering what the news would be. I had been having contractions all week but nothing that was very consistant. The plan was to strip my membranes to see if that would get things started. When she checked me I was dialated to a 3 almost 4 at 3:00. She wanted to make sure that we didn't go too far away from the hospital because it really could be any time that I went into labor and she thought that it would go really quickly. After the appointment I went to go pick up produce and Thomas went to drop off some more parts to a customer. I got home and chatted with my mom for a bit. Thomas got home and I was having a few contractions but nothing major. I just had a feeling things were going to start soon so we quickly packed things up ate dinner and took showers. We brought Jonathan over to my parents and my contractions were about 10 min. apart. Driving down Cherry Valley Blvd they were about 7 min. apart and by the time we walked into labor and delivery they were about 3 min. apart. While in triage at 6:00 I was dialated to 6 almost 7. It was a BUSY night in labor and delivery and they quickly put me into a room. My contractions were not the same as with Jonathan, I was able to breathe through them and didn't feel as much pain as with JT. At 7:30 I got my epidural and my mom showed up quite surprised as we were with how fast things were progressing. We waited for things to happen and Kaitlyn made it from OC. She wasn't sure if she wanted to stay or not, but she ended up staying. At around 9:00 I was feeling alot of pressure and was ready to push... but my water still had not broken and the dr was busy delivering another baby (she was basically walking down the hallway and breaking water/ delivering a baby in each room). At about 10:30 she came in and broke my water and it was time to push. It was alot more painful than with JT. I also managed to bend the needle that was giving me IV fluids so with each push it was dripping down my arm and making it really hard to focus. Thankfully at 11:31 David Paul was born. He weighed 7 lbs 5.5 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. He was a great nurser right off. It was so amazing to be able to finally hold him in our arms. We were able to move upstairs to the last recovery room available in the maternity ward. All of the inductions had been cancelled because the hospital was so full. Our stay in the hospital went really well but we were super excited to be able to go home on Sunday afternoon. Jonathan came home later in the evening. Our prayers were answered with a non-jaundiced baby boy. That was so hard when JT was born it has been so much easier not to worry about all of that. Since then we have been adjusting to life as a family of 4 and life with a newborn. Thomas was able to take the whole week off and help which has been AMAZING. We will see how things go when it is just me and the boys. :0)
























On Tuesday David had his first Dr. appointment. His length was 2o inches and he weighed 6lbs 13oz. He was looking a little yellow but nothing to be too concerned about.
























On Wednesday David had his first "fun" outing to Tea Time.
























On Thursday David had his first sponge-bath.

No comments: