Friday, October 16, 2009

Blue Playdough

The other day at the library's children's program Jonathan was "accidentally" introduced to playdough. My mom and I usually stay away from the playdough table whenever we take him because we know that it would probably get eaten and become a huge mess. Well I was there with him and we were sitting at the table during the story time and when the story was over the playdough came out and there we were. He of course put it straight to his mouth and would not listen to his momma telling him not to eat it but he would listen to Miss Nancy telling him to leave it on the table (I can't believe that he already listens to a "teacher" better than me! sigh. ) and he had a blast so yesterday we made some playdough. It was way easier to make one batch than the 6 batches I used to make for the kindergarteners!
He helped mix all the ingredients.

I let him pick the color and he picked blue.

Then I cooked it on the stove. You may be able to see him in the background trying to feed his pumpkin (that he carries all over the place and ocasionally chews on) to Duncan.
All set to play outside. I didn't want to clean up to playdough inside. Not one piece went in his mouth! He actually played for about 5 minutes! so fun.



No comments: