Monday, August 17, 2009

Author's Chairs

I have been having fun getting my "creative" on. Ever since I have been a teacher I have wanted to make an Author's chair for the kids to sit in when they read their journals. Well in Kindergarten that didn't ever really work out but now that I am First grade I went on a hunt for a chair. I found this cute white one at a thrift store for 5.99. I bought the little wood rectangle for 1.99 at walmart and Thomas got the stars at michaels for 30 cents each. I am so happy with how great it turned out for so cheap!

in use.... :0)
Well seeing my chair inspired my mom to want to redo her author's chair so after I hassled her endlessly about painting it black first. It was blue and gold. She finished it and I painted the seat and dots on the back. I had so much fun. I think I went a little overboard with the dots but oh well. No pictures of it in use because my little model is sleeping (the reason I was able to finish it!)

Now my mom and I are trolling craigslist for other little projects to paint. :0)

1 comment:

krista said...

Both chairs turned out really cute! Nice work :)