Monday, January 19, 2009

Havasu







This past weekend we went out to Havasu again. It gets more fun and relaxing each time we go. We left Friday after work. Jonathan did great. He cried for a little bit in the car but after we convinced him that it really would be ok to sleep and he wouldn't miss anything he slept the rest of the way. :0) When we got there we unloaded the car and I put JT to bed while Thomas did the Wal Mart run for some food and other stuff. Saturday morning I cleaned the house while Jonathan napped and Thomas trimmed the tree in the front yard. In the afternoon we took the boat out and learned an important lesson. (AFTER I attempted to get the boat off the trailer and looked like a HUGE LOSER who had no idea how to drive a boat, which I really don't but that is besides the point!) Always take the little saftey clips off that prevent the trim from going down while you are towing the boat. This is so that when you get the boat in the water you can actually steer and control it. I was just making water splash up into the air while Thomas is yelling to PUT THE TRIM DOWN... I was, it just wouldn't go with the clips in place. So after getting his jeans wet in the cold water wading in to keep it from hitting the trailer and getting it all figured out we had a good laugh thinking we will never do that again! We cruised around and acutally saw someone water skiing and a few die- hards in the channel with very tanned skin and shorts on. I thought it was a little chilly even with a sweat shirt on but oh well. When we got back to the dock I was able to back the boat trailer down on my second try but in Thomas' truck ( which I can count the times I have driven on one hand) I think I might be getting the hang of it! Just in time for summer. We had a yummy dinner at Red Robin and then went home. We rented a moving but Thomas crashed after staying up late the night before and then working hard all day. Sunday we took it easy and went down to the bridge to walk around a little before we left. There was a little swap meet that was kinda fun to check out. Jonathan slept all the way to the windmills! I think he likes going on the boat too! We forgot to take the camera out on the boat but I have a few other pics.

No comments: