Sunday, September 21, 2008

A great weekend!



This weekend we headed out to the house in Havasu. I didn't take a ton of pictures but I know my mom took more so I will try to post some more pics from her camera. We left on Friday after I got off work and Jonathan was super tired so he slept the whole way there, no stops! Once the bean was in bed Thomas and I got to work assembling the rest of the furniture. I am way thankful that I am so blessed and don't have to work assembling furniture all the time! Around midnight we heard a knock at the door. Kaitlyn, Alyssa and my mom and dad arrived. We woke up Saturday morning and got to work. We got the laundry hooked up (yeah! the washer and dryer out there is actually better than the ones I have here :0), the closet doors painted, the master bathroom is no longer purple and I got to decorate a bit, the guest bathroom has a new sink top and the ceiling is repaired and painted. All we have left to do is paint the guest bathroom the rest of the way and we are basically done and ready to chill out there! We do have a few little things to do and the tile in the master but the end is in sight. For dinner we went out to Mud sharks for salads and pizza (and beer. :0). It was super yummy after working so hard all day. This morning we got up and decided to play! We rented a boat and had a great time on the lake. It is so nice to have all the "gear" out there and not have to even think about packing it up each time. Kaitlyn, Alyssa and Thomas wake boarded. I skied for a little while and my Dad attempted skiing but it was pretty choppy. Jonathan had a blast with his aunties and grandma and grandpa and non stop attention. He was super tired again for the ride home and slept the whole way, I slept most of the way too so Thomas busted a move and we got home in 3 hours. It was only around 100 out there and the lake was pretty empty.... Good bye summer..... we will miss you! (But we do look forward to visiting the desert in the winter, it's pretty out there all year long!)

No comments: