Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Why I love being a teacher.....

Today was a super exciting day in Kindergarten. Not only did the kids play outside (we have had so many rainy/ wet/ too cold to play outside days in a row) but one of my little ones SPOKE!!! You may be wondering why this is a big deal but he came to my classroom this year only whispering and usually only one word that I ask him to repeat. Slowly we have worked him into two word responses and today I got to hear his REAL VOICE for the first time!!! He read a sentence to the class in his new voice and the rest of the kids started cheering and clapping. Happy day!! they sang to him. He had the biggest smile on his face. I cannot imagine having gone through the first half of kindergarten silent but not any more!! The joy on his face was indescribable! What a fun day!

2 comments:

Mark Leonard said...

That's awesome! What a great teacher's moment.

krista said...

those are the moments that make the not-so-fun times worth it :)
i am glad i found your blog! yay!