Monday, November 2, 2009

The kitchen

A few weeks ago I got a bee in my bonnet to get Jonathan a kitchen. Since he loves to help me so much I thought just maybe it would be something that he would actually play with. After searching around online I discovered the one that I really liked the best was from pottery barn. Super cute but not really in the budget. So I thought how hard can it be to make one. After googling how to make a kitchen I found one that seemed super easy using closet storage shelves. I talked Thomas into going to Home Depot to get the shelves and get started (since I would be able to do most of the work). WELLLLLL Home Depot and Wal Mart did not have the shelves so Thomas ever so willingly bought some sheets of wood to do it all himself. Through the process of making our own kitchen we realized how expensive it CAN be to do it all yourself. While the DIY website made their kitchen for about 40 dollars ours was a bit more. BUT I LOVE IT. :0)
Making the base


Nearly finished... the kitchen is painted red like mine... the black oven is appliance paint from when we thought it would be a good idea to paint our white fridge black... the fridge is white like our baseboard paint... the counter top is leftover tile board from our shower at 12th st... the knobs and burners are painted wood from Michaels.... towel bar and sink faucet are new cheapies from Home Depot... curtain from my kitchen windows and 12 th st, the puppet theater curtains in kindergarten...

All done... I painted the little window with an apple pie in it, the rug is a place mat from Wal Mart.


Play food from Costco... have some Juice momma. :0)
Enjoy your kitchen JT it was a labor of love! And you better PLAY with it (although Thomas and I said the whole time he probably wouldn't!)



4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok, that is seriously so cute! You guys did such a great job!!!

Charlee said...

OK I am so jealous! I wish Brad would do that for Aubree we could make it pink to match all her doll acessories. Thats ok though we are in the planning process for a riding path in the back yard and a playhouse.

They have a nice set of play pots and pans at target for $10 and appliances!

Faithy said...

So cute!!! We'll be over to play kitchen soon :) Great job guys!

Mark Leonard said...

Thomas, you make guys like me look very, very bad. Maddie and Mackenzie will be lucky if the picture frame hang straight in their rooms. I'm sending them to you for their school science projects.