Wednesday, July 29, 2009

15 months of fun!

You know how when you get married you just fall more and more in love each day... well I think having a baby is kinda the same way. Jonathan Bean is just so much fun right now... I am enjoying every single day with him this summer. I am super excited that I will be working part time next year and have more time to spend with him. Last week Monday he had his 15 month doctors appointment. Nothing too exciting except he weighs just over 20 pounds. I forgot how tall he was but he is in the 5th percentile for weight and 50th for height. His back bottom molars are coming in. Some days he only takes one nap. The doctor kept asking us about his eating habits... umm ALL the time! It was pretty obvious why he is so skinny because he was climbing up me the whole time... and I said he does this all the time. I would say he is only still in his sleep but sometimes it sounds like he is having a wrestling match in his crib! He is very healthy and we are super thankful about that. He was a champ with his shots too. Here are some of the things he has been up to lately:

I found him a cozy coupe police car on craigs list. He is in love with it. He mostly climbs in and out about a million times or talks on the "phone" little speaker thing. Speaking of phones he LOVES them. He usually spends time each day talking to daddy on the phone or pretending too. He also has his little sweeper in the back of the car... he LOVES brooms!!
Here he is playing with his sand and water table that Thomas made him. In the evenings we have been playing outside and he usually gets really wet so I let him go in just shorts... love that little "crack" :0)

He has been working on feeding himself and using a spoon. He usually ends up holding the spoon and using his other hand to eat. It is funny because when he eats with his hands he uses his left but when he uses a spoon he uses his right.


He is definitely my little helper boy. He helped me vacuum the hall the other day. He also throws things in the trash for me. He hands me the pillows when I make the bed. He also has been helping me with all of my school prep. The other day he helped me put crayons, glue sticks, etc in homework bags. It is a good thing he is too young to know he should charge me for all of this work! :0) I got him a learning tower so he can stand by me to help me cook. He loves to do that but sitting on the counter was making me too nervous. I am not an organized enough cook to have everything ready so I don't have to turn my back on him.



One of his latest tricks is climbing into chairs. This is a pic of the first time he did it. He was SOOOO pleased with himself. The other day he was sitting on the couch with the dogs and just thought he was such hot stuff! :0)
All wet after running through the sprinklers. One of his favorite games to play is chase. He loves to hide and then come out and scare you with a scream.

He LOVEs all things to do with water. Just not sitting in the pool.
He is learning and understanding more and more everyday. When he drinks from a real cup he says "ahh" afterward. He says momma and dadda. He says ho (hot), baf (bath) hi, ba (ball). He knows sniffing for a bunny sound, a version of woof for dogs (it is kinda like a scream but we do have yappy dogs sooo), and mmmm for cat's meow. He knows where his nose and ears are and sometimes eyes and mouth. He gives the best kisses to the ladies (a little tongue if he really likes you) and hi - fives to the guys. He will put his pipie and lovey away after he takes his nap. He will go to the fridge whenever he is hungry and thirsty. He loves to go for walks and play at the park. He loves to chase the dogs and give them a ball or bone or pat them. He gets other peoples attention out and about by laughing at them. He is just so much fun!






No comments: